Google Search has been the most trusted gateway to the internet for almost 20 years with very little competition. It was however confronted by ChatGPT in November 2022. This experimental chatbot from OpenAI is expected to become the next big disruptor in the IT sector.
OpenAI’s chatbot received legitimate user queries and gained more than one million users within a week of its release. This was despite ChatGPT having a lot of development room. Google responded in February by introducing the world to its AI chatbot, Google Bard.
What is Google Bard AI?
Google announced Monday (8-Feb-2023) that it will roll out an artificial intelligence chatbot technology called Bard in the coming weeks. CNBC reported that the announcement confirmed earlier reports. ChatGPT, OpenAI’s AI service, will be the competition for Bard.
Google Bard AI is powered by the large language model LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) by Google. Google announced Monday (8-Feb-2023) that it would make the conversation technology available to “trusted users” before making it more widely accessible to the public.
Bard can be described as a generative AI. This is the general name for AI models such as ChatGPT or DALL-E which can create new content. Generative AIs are capable of creating video, audio, and imagery. However, Bard is focused more on creating text — text that answers questions in a natural, conversational manner.
Bard is named after the word “poet” (as in William Shakespeare, Bard of Avalon) in reference to its linguistic abilities.
Bard might seem like a product released in a hurry to be competitive with ChatGPT, considering the timing. ChatGPT was actually created by Google, which made its Transformer deep learning model public in 2017. Bard’s main backend LaMDA was also announced nearly two years ago. OpenAI’s new tool has a similar lineage to Google’s, but Bard’s own development process took years.
What is LaMDA?
LaMDA, or “Language Model for Dialogue Applications” is a language model that allows dialogue applications to be processed and emulate human speech.
Google Bard’s core technology is LaMDA (Language Model For Dialogue Applications), an experimental technology built on Transformer. This neural network architecture is the foundation of many generative AI applications and, unsurprisingly, ChatGPT’s GPT-3 language modeling.
Google Bard now comes with a lighter version of LaMDA, which allows for more users to use it and allows them to give feedback. This will be used in conjunction with Google’s internal testing.
LaMDA is essentially an algorithm that predicts the next words in a series of words based on the preceding ones. Its innovation lies in its ability to stimulate dialogue in a looser manner than task-based responses. This allows for conversation to flow from topic to topic. It uses concepts such as reinforcement learning, multimodal user intent, and suggestions.
When Can I Use Bard?
Google had already made Bard available to a small group of trusted users. In the next few weeks, the company will open an early access program to the public. We’ll update this page with instructions and a link to sign up for beta access if it becomes available.
Bard will use a lightweight version of LaMDA during testing. Google claims this will enable it to make the prerelease tool more accessible to users. Bard will be tested to improve its speed, accuracy, and quality.
After Bard has completed its testing phase, it should be integrated into Google Search.
Technology and Advantages Of BARD AI
BARD AI employs machine learning algorithms and natural language processing to improve the reading experience. It reads the text and identifies important information. Then it summarises the text to make the material easier for the reader. This technology is especially useful for people who have difficulty reading or who want to read more quickly. BARD AI can help you understand the text better, retain it better, and save you time.
BARD AI’s greatest advantage is its ability to be customized. You have the option to choose whether you would like to hear it in text, audio, or both. You can either have the material read aloud to you or have it summarized in the text. You can choose how fast you would like the material read to you. This technology is accessible on any device, including a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
BARD AI offers interactive reading. While you read, you can highlight text and take notes. You can even ask questions. The technology can also recall where you left off so that it will pick up right from the beginning the next time you access the material. This is a great way for you to keep track of how much time you’ve read and ensure that nothing important gets missed.
Features of Google Bard AI
BARD AI is an advanced language generation AI model developed by Google. Here are some of its key features:-
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): BARD AI is trained on a massive amount of text data and has a deep understanding of the nuances and complexities of human language. It can now provide answers to text inputs that resemble those of a person.
- Contextual Awareness: BARD AI is capable of retaining context from previous interactions, allowing it to have more meaningful and engaging conversations.
- Generative Model: BARD AI uses a transformer-based generative language model, which allows it to generate text that is both coherent and diverse.
- Customizable: The model can be fine-tuned for specific applications or domains, such as customer support, question-answering, or language translation.
- High-Quality Responses: With its large training corpus and advanced NLP capabilities, BARD AI generates high-quality and informative responses to a wide range of questions and prompts.
- Fast and Scalable: BARD AI can process large volumes of text data quickly, making it well-suited for use in real-time applications such as chatbots.
- Open-Source: The model is open-source, making it accessible to a wide range of users and developers for further research and development.
Scope of AI with Google Bard
AI today offers us more ways to understand information and transform it into useful knowledge efficiently, making it easier for people to quickly find what they are looking for. AI can be helpful when there are multiple answers to questions.
Search features that use AI will soon be able to quickly and easily translate complex information into digestible formats. These new AI features will be available soon in Google Search.
Google plans to continue to improve its suite of APIs and tools to assist in the development of AI-based applications. Startups that are looking to create reliable and trustworthy AI systems could benefit from these advancements.
Google Bard AI vs ChatGPT
- Google Bard AI will answer real-time queries. ChatGPT answers are based on data available until 2021.
- To use Google Bard AI, you will need to adjust the Google settings. ChatGPT only returns text responses.
- Google Bard is built on LaMDA while ChatGPT uses GPT.
- ChatGPT’s own plagiarism detector (AI Text Classifier) is available, a feature that is not yet available on Google Bard.
- Google Bard AI is currently completely free. ChatGPT Plus, a new paid plan from OpenAI, is now available.
Chatbots such as ChatGPT or LaMDA can be more costly to use than other software. The technology can be run at a lower price because Bard uses the LaMDA “lighter weight” version.
A revolution in the world of reading. This technology will allow you to make the most out of your reading experience. BARD AI has the technology to help you save time, increase your reading skills, or just enjoy a more engaging reading experience. This technology will revolutionize how we read by allowing us to personalize our reading experience, take notes, and interact with the material.